The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.5 beta 3 now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Everyone,

OmniWeb 5.5 beta 3 is now available for download. It's available from the OmniWeb beta page on our WebSite:

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...download/beta/

Release notes are here:

http://www.omnigroup.com/application.../releasenotes/

We've taken another stab at the POSIX error some users have been seeing and you should now be able to view FTP folders in the browser view!

If you continue to have issues with uploading be sure to let us know.

Hey Troy,

After installing this beta, I tried again to send a comment to a site for which I had a "POSIX" error some time this afternoon (in my time). I didn't get a POSIX error this time, but a crash which OmniCrashReporter has reported to
you some minutes ago.
;-)

thanks for sending the crash in josy-- I'll go take a look asap :)

I only tested on one site, Ceiva.com -- but it was one that gave me the Posix error before. It works OK now!

-B

beta 3 seems faster; however, may be only my dead brain

Quote:
thanks for sending the crash in josy-- I'll go take a look asap
You're welcome Rachael :)

Looks great! Is there a way to revert back to the old style of ad-blocking where the space taken up by the ad is removed along with the ad itself? It's not a deal breaker, but I'm just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDee
Looks great! Is there a way to revert back to the old style of ad-blocking where the space taken up by the ad is removed along with the ad itself? It's not a deal breaker, but I'm just curious.
The "old style" wasn't to remove the space where the ad was, but to put a placeholder. They're almost back to that, seems like it still needs some work.

for me, beta 3 feels as slow as Safari. Beta 2 was like lightning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
for me, beta 3 feels as slow as Safari. Beta 2 was like lightning.
for me, B3 has the same slowness issues as the other betas. It doesn't hang like the sp's used to, but it still starts eating up CPU depending on what sites I go to.