The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Growl prompt inconsistency Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone have a solution to my growl prompts sometimes staying on my desk top indefinately until I close the window ( which I want ) and other times only staying visible for 10 seconds ?

Michael

Have you checked your Growl preferences? It allows you to control dismisal on a per-notification basis.

-Dennis

There are also Growl settings to make notifications sticky after so many minutes of inactivity. So perhaps your sticky prompts are coming after you haven't touched the keyboard or mouse for a bit.

Curt

Anyone

I've got Snow Leopard and Growl 1.2 set up with Omnifocus.

The notifications are happening and then going away after a couple of seconds. I want them to stay longer (I'd rather click to make them go away).

I've tried all of the following:

- Checking or unchecking "Sticky Notifications" in the main Growl pull down.

- Under Growl Preferences - General
- Leave notifications on screen (unchecked, checked with 1 second, checked with 1000 seconds)

- Under Growl Preferences - Applications - Omnifocus - Notifications - Tasks Available - Stays on Screen (Tried Never, Always, Application Decides)

None of these seem to have an effect on how long the notification stays up.

Have I tried all of the config options that you know of?
What version of Growl have you made things successfully stay on the screen with? (and Version of OSX too)
How might I be able to test to isolate the problem to Omnifocus or Growl?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Mary

Mary,

I'm running the same setup that you are and sticky notifications are working for me. Attached are a couple of screenshots of my Growl settings. I think this problem has to be on the Growl side. OF just throws all the notifications at Growl and it decides what to do with them.

Hopefully you'll see something in these screenshots that helps, though it sounds like you've tried everything. You might also try asking over at growl.info.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-04-04 at 4.57.29 PM.png
Views:	484
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1340 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-04-04 at 4.57.44 PM.png
Views:	465
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1339

Curt