The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why does visual editing not work with OmniWeb in Wikispaces Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello --

I know this is a potentially dumb question, and it is certainly not a bug report -- more of a feature request.

I make a lot of use of the www.wikispaces.com site, which contains a visual page editor (much like the one in this forum).

Why is it that the visual editor works in Firefox, but not in OmniWeb (or Safari or Opera, for that matter). Even if I set OmniWeb to report itself to the wikispaces site as Firefox, the visual editor still does not work. Is this something special about Firefox? Or is is something about OmniWeb or wikispaces that isn't totally standards compliant?

Just curious (and I would love to not have to fire up Firefox just to edit pages in Wikispaces!).

-Barry

I'm not sure which editor this site uses but these visual editors tend to have limited support in WebKit right now, things are improving slowly but it isn't there yet.

Here's the master WebKit bug for one of the more common visual editors out there right now:

http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6627

Thanks for the reply, Troy. I'm not sure which editor Wikispaces uses either, but that link you provided certainly provides some insight into a hairy issue for WebKit! Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and know that it's out of your hands.

-Barry