The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Entering Text in a table Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Good morning.

I'm using OGP 5.11 and am having quite an issue entering text into a table.

I've created a 5 column x 11 row table and want to put text in these cells. What I'm missing is how to get the text in a table cell rather than on the page.

I can enter the needed text, but when I moved the table, the text stayed right where it was which indicates to me that while the text "appeared" in the cell, it wasn't actually "in" the cell.

With the text tool selected and hovering over a cell, I get flashing blue guide lines, yet when I left click to start typing, the ENTIRE table gets selected.

This can't be so hard, so I'll admit it's early and I may need more coffee, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what step I'm missing.

I've searched the forums and read the help file and didn't see any instructions on how to actually place text in a cell.

All help is appreciated

I think you are selecting the text tool and then trying to enter text.

If so, that's the glitch.

The text tool is for NEW text objects, not adding text within another object.

To annotate an object, just double click in it and you will get a cursor. For a table, it works the same.

When you are in text editing mode, you can tab between objects (or items in a table) like you would in a spreadsheet.

HTH

--Morgan

Morgan ~

THANK YOU! you were right, I was selecting the text tool as that's what I've always done to enter text.... DUH...

the tab from cell to cell hint really sped things up too.

Many thanks for the assist.