The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google wave, GTD and Omnifocus... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been following bits and pieces of Google Wave (if you don't know what I taking about, you can check this link). Looking at this very appealing communication and collaboration dynamic, got me thinking on how I could use this with my current methodology. Will it be necessary to 'copy or move' waves into OF (for example for a waiting for)? Will this be technically possible? Does it even make sense in the new paradigm of dynamically updated inline content of wave? If anyone has dedicated some thought to this, I would love to know your thoughts. Thanks.

When I watched the video, and especially when they got to the part about instant translation, I felt the world get a whole lot smaller. My iPod touch suddenly feels like a cassette tape.

I think the big impact on OF (and OP) will be as an avenue of collaboration.

In my version of the future, if I choose to let some of my OF tasks link to a public server and then make those tasks available to be embedded in a wave, then someone else can edit that wave and I can sync back to my OF database at a time of my choosing or interact with the wave in real time using a browser.

If there are eventually enterprise versions of OF and OP with specified sharing rules, then having waves inside the Omni apps would be fertile method for rich collaboration.

Last edited by pjb; 2010-05-22 at 01:42 PM..

Bump.
Google Wave is now available without an invite; people can think on this for free.

Google Wave without other people is notes. With other people, it is a huge collaborative space.

It fits somewhere in the document space, but not sure where.

We are piloting it for a month to see what we can get out of it.

BZ