The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unrequested "move to archive" dialog Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Folks,

Twice in the last couple of days (on different machines), a "move to archive" dialog has appeared. I didn't choose this item from the File > Move Old Data to Archive menu, and there's no keyboard shortcut assigned that I might have accidentally hit.

I'll file as a bug, but it's so strange, and with so little data (I can't reproduce it), I wonder at the value.

Has anyone else seen this?

It's not a bug, it's a feature, as you can see in the release notes for 1.7:
OmniFocus automatically detects when you have lots of completed actions and asks whether you want to archive them, which will speed up your syncing and loading times.

Ah. Thanks for the pointer.

I'd have to say it's not a "feature", it's an "annoyance". Such "features" that pop up randomly, with no rhyme nor reason, should have a way to turn it off. A checkbox that says "don't automatically ask me again" is fine.

I appreciate the goal, just not the method.

Help->Send Feedback is your friend.