The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus with Thunderbird and Firefox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
While I understand that there's no service for Thunderbird and Firefox to use Clippings, how about creating a Mozilla Add-on for Firefox and for Thunderbird, so as to be able to select some text and click on a button on their toolbar to have it go to OmniFocus' Inbox?

Last edited by R J; 2010-02-20 at 03:14 PM..

Evernote have great clippings add-ons

I am currently choosing between THINGS and OmniFocus ... this would win me over instantly.

I would love this. The url bookmarklet thing can be used to clip firefox, but I wish there was a way to clip TB messages into OF. An add-on for this would be amazing and would make my workflow so much smoother.

I use thunderbird instead of mail.app for a few reasons. First, the quitcktext pro add-in is a real time saver. Second, the cross-platform aspect of the mozilla apps makes it really easy to work on all three platforms if need be. Third, all the other add-ins are cool too.

Here's my workaround since I just started using Thunderbird a few days ago. If I have an email I want to send to omnifocus, I just click cmd-E (edit message as new) and put "omnifocus" in the "TO" box. I've set a contact called "OMNIFOCUS" that is my email xxxx+omnifocus@domain.com. SInce I use mail.app for my work email (and t-bird for my personal) when it hits mail.app, it's added to omnifocus.

Yeah, I just wish there was some way to add e-mails directly from t-bird, kind, of like the bookmarklet from iNik, which works in firefox.

Can't you just do this with Apple script?

I think it's a scriptable task.

You could take a look at Postbox, it's Thunderbird based and now has support for OmniFocus.

http://postbox-inc.com/blog/entry/ne...us_and_things/