The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Changes in OF v. 1.9 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have two questions regarding the release notes for v. 1.9

The notes mention:
"The list of contexts in the Dock menu and the menu bar status item have been replaced with a list of Perspectives."
Why? (It's not self-evident to me.) That is, what are the benefits? What are the changes intended to accomplish?
In particular, what's the intended benefit of replacing the list of contexts in the Dock menu with perspectives?

Also, what is a "menu bar status item"? Do they require a hunting license?
I am sometimes confused by descriptions of features and changes to them, and happy when they are described in relation to benefits. Benefits can be described via context, ie., in this case, functions, workflows, ie. sequential steps when using OF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexattend View Post
In particular, what's the intended benefit of replacing the list of contexts in the Dock menu with perspectives?
Happy to help; check this post for info on the thinking behind the change from showing contexts to perspectives in those locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexattend View Post
Also, what is a "menu bar status item"? Do they require a hunting license?
If you open OmniFocus' Data preferences and check the box next to "In the menu bar", the feature that's referring to will appear. (You can control what is included in those counts with the three boxes to the right of that one in the preferences pane.)

Hope that helps!