The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Easier way to add due dates? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am a relatively new Omnifocus user, so I may be missing something simple...but is there a quicker way to add due dates rather than having to open the inspector, click in the appropriate field and then add the due date? Virtually every task I add has a due date, and it would be SO much easier if I could just tab from action to context to due date quickly. It seems to add unnecessary steps/time to working with the program. Am I missing something or does Omnifocus simply not have this capability?

Add the Due date column (View->Columns->Due Date), then you can just tab along the row and type in the dates/times. Also, entering dates in the row allows you to use various shorthand notations, like "+1d" (1 day from today), "Fri" (Friday, use the 1st 3 letters of the day name only), "Tue +2w 4p" (two weeks from this coming Tuesday, at 4 pm), etc. See the help for "Setting start dates and due dates" in OmniFocus for more details.

Ah I knew there had to be a simple way—thanks so much!