The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner not an option in "Open In..." Dialogue [A: iOS 5 bug] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After working fine since I first installed it upon release, after updating my iPad 1 to iOS 5, Omnioutliner is not an option in the "open in..." dialogue box in my iPad's mail app. As a result, I can't get files into OO on my iPad.

Is this a bug? I've restarted my iPad and nothing changed.

Have you launched OmniOutliner since the update?

This is unfortunately a bug in iOS 5. Mail is offering the .zip file instead of the uncompressed version despite what the file name in Mail implies. Since OO doesn't accept zip files it isn't shown in the list.

I've been using Goodreader's Sync function with Dropbox to get my files back and forth, but since iOS 5, Goodreader doesn't give me the "Open in..." option for .oo3 files, either. Is this bug related, does anyone know?

How do send file wrappers from Goodreader to apps? Or are you using flat files? I can't seem to find a way to send off a .oo3 file to anything.

Before, it worked great (Goodreader HD) just click "manage", select the folder / wrapper, click "Open in..." and choose OO. Doesn't work anymore, the "Open in..." option is grayed out.

Hmm, if that used to work, I'd contact them and see what they say. I don't think it's related to the Mail bug.

I figured so, but thought I'd post here to check (the thread seems like a similar solution, wasn't sure it it was maybe a change in the way iOS routes files / wrappers between apps). I'll update if I find anything.