The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to Carry OmniFocus Tasks Away Onto a Windows Machine? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I'm a new OmniFocus owner -- in fact, I've yet to get in there and start setting things up, which I'm planning to do tonight.

I'm a convert (at least for the moment, and, for $80, hopefully permanently) from Remember the Milk, basically because they didn't offer sequential tasking and their handling of projects wasn't really great.

The one thing I am going to miss, however, is being able to access my task list (which, with RTM, is on the web) from my work computer, which is a Windows machine.

I imagine I can't be the only person with this particular problem, where they would like to work with their OmniFocus tasks from a different machine.

The one solution I can see at the moment is printing out a PDF and bringing that with me to work. Is that the only solution?

I'm aware of the iPhone app, but I have a RAZR and am locked into T-Mobile for a while, and even were I to have an iPhone, it isn't the computer I'm working on most of the day.

Any input or brainstorming would be appreciated!

It's much simpler than that. I converted from RTM a few days ago, and it's easy to do this, and to do it well.

Just save a new perspective in OF and create an account at toodledo.com.

Then click here to download the Toodledo sync. It works in the background to sync your tasks with the Toodledo web app, and it works very well. This will give you a pretty decent web interface to view your OF tasks.

Also, you may want to go to userstyles.org from your PC and search for "Toodledo." They have a couple great CSS styles you can use in Firefox and other browsers to improve the web interface.

I just got everything configured today, and it works great.