The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Why do "due items" disappear when I close the OF window? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
One of the great things about OmniFocus is that it displays the number of "Due Soon" and "Overdue" items in the menu bar or/and in the dock icon.

But - why has a window have to be open for this?

OmniFocus is a single-database application, just like iCal. It should be enough that the application is running. Just like iCal's reminders come up whether I have a calendar window open or not.

This is more than a glitch: I have to take care not to close the last OF window by accident! The last window has to be minimized, not to be closed. Otherwise the red or orange number disappears from the menu bar, signalizing that everythings OK, nothing's burning. While there might be twenty items overdue!

I have to think of this, but I should not have to. It's a distraction, and the result is that I cannot fully trust my system in the moment!