The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

remove times in start and due date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think it would be great if the display considered the column width, like in Mail. If I make the column wide it would show the time. If I make it narrower it would show the date. Narrower still, it might just show month and day. That would allow me to use wide date columns in a couple of my planning perspectives without wasting real estate in other perspectives.

That said, just going back to the old date-only display would be better than it is at the moment.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
I think it would be great if the display considered the column width, like in Mail. If I make the column wide it would show the time. If I make it narrower it would show the date. Narrower still, it might just show month and day. That would allow me to use wide date columns in a couple of my planning perspectives without wasting real estate in other perspectives.

That said, just going back to the old date-only display would be better than it is at the moment.
I agree, and hope to get it in eventually. I also want to have "Today/Tomorrow" like mail does as well.

From my personal perspective I was thrilled with the addition of ‘time due’ along with the date due on the build yesterday. And today I wasted valuable time trying to find a way to get those ‘time start’ and ‘time due’ elements back.

When I can integrate scheduled meetings throughout the day into my other project associated tasks it really helps me better plan my activities on a particular day, week or month.

I appreciate the opinion of those who have posted your personal dislike of ‘time due’ or ‘time start’ being added.

I personally would favor an option in the menu that would allow this feature to be turned off and on.

I encourage the development team to continue to pursue a robust OF--that is an OF that meets the needs of a larger and varied work environment. In the end OF will be much a better product for a much larger group.

Can anyone briefly explain how the time actually works and how you are using it? I quite don't get it... Thanks.

Hello. I met the same trouble with 96068. But when
I updated to 96125, the time disappeared from the display.

But it seems that the time value is still alive internally,
because the task due 2007/12/15 00:00 is displayed as
due 2007/12/14 in iCal.

You can always look in the inspector to see the time as well as the date.

Dear xmas,

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas View Post
You can always look in the inspector to see the time as well as the date.
I was surprised that today's 00:00 in OmniFocus is interpreted as yesterday by iCal. When I changed the date of the task to 2007/12/15 (today) in iCal, it appears 2007/12/15 21:00 in OmniFocus. Is it correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir View Post
I was surprised that today's 00:00 in OmniFocus is interpreted as yesterday by iCal. When I changed the date of the task to 2007/12/15 (today) in iCal, it appears 2007/12/15 21:00 in OmniFocus. Is it correct?
There's a long thread on this elsewhere in the forum. Essentially the problem is a bug in iCal for those living east of GMT.

Curt

Dear curt.clifton,

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
There's a long thread on this elsewhere in the forum. Essentially the problem is a bug in iCal for those living east of GMT.
Thank you. Now I have found and read that thread.