The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Add action by sending an email Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi

Am new to OF, and am still learning. One issue I have is how to add an action by sending an email... I have come from other task managers that have this facility and in my opinion think its quite necessary to increase productivity, but OF seems to be missing it.

I can see there is support for Mail.app, by using Rules, but I am not using Mail.app, I am using Postbox.

I dont quite understand this mail to OF thing, where they reply back and I click a link, thats worse than my current process, besides I dont have the iPhone app as I dont need it on the iphone.

My current process is I email myself and my Gmail filters put them in a "To Process" label. Then when I am in work I then add my To Process emails to OF. But I want to cut out this middle step, I do not see a need to do it I should be able to just email right into OF like other task managers.

Thanks a lot