The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating Actions Issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I can't get the 'start' or 'due' dates to populate correctly in the inspector window. If I type '1d' for example, it gives me this: 'Dec 31, 2000 Dec 31, 2000 12:00 AM'

I'd rather not have to go through 9 yrs of selections to get to today's date.
The date date fields populate correctly in every other case, just not for repeating actions.

I'm using a trial version of the software. Not sure if that has any bearing on this issue. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

You want +1d or tom for tomorrow.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
You want +1d or tom for tomorrow.
Right. Problem is, when I type '1d', it gives me: 'Dec 31, 2000 Dec 31, 2000 12:00 AM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelightllc View Post
Right. Problem is, when I type '1d', it gives me: 'Dec 31, 2000 Dec 31, 2000 12:00 AM'
Huh, when I type 1d into a start date field in the inspector or the outline, I get tomorrow's date. Can you get some screen shots showing where you type this just before you hit return, and what happens after?

Trial status shouldn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelightllc View Post
Sure thing: Here are 3 screen shots of what's happening.

http://gallery.me.com/djlimelight/100169

In the first, you can see that I've not typed anything. The second, I try to enter '1d'... the last is the resulting wrong date.

Do you have some customized settings in the Formats tab in your International preferences? Otherwise, I don't understand why you are getting the dates repeated like that.

Yeah, I managed to reproduce it by fooling around with the Formats. Get rid of the duplicate printing of the date and it should work properly. You'll have to restart OmniFocus after changing the Formats settings.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2009-07-28 at 11:41 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Do you have some customized settings in the Formats tab in your International preferences? Otherwise, I don't understand why you are getting the dates repeated like that.

Yeah, I managed to reproduce it by fooling around with the Formats. Get rid of the duplicate printing of the date and it should work properly. You'll have to restart OmniFocus after changing the Formats settings.
Perfect! That totally fixed it. I changed my international setting back to 'United States (Computer)'. Thank you kindly