The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

gmail gets screwy and hangs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This has happened since I first bought OmniWeb, and I had hoped it'd be fixed in the 5.7 update...no luck though.

After I use gmail for an extended period, at some point it just hangs. If I click a message subject, nothing happens. If I check one off, they don't highlight in yellow like usual. Also at the same time this happens, google reader becomes non-responsive as well. I haven't noticed this affecting other sites.

Is this a known issue, and if so is there a fix for it? A fix in the works? I absolutely LOVE OmniWeb (I'm not kidding. Earlier tonight I shouted at my roommate, "omg I love my web browser." Go ahead, ask her), but this gmail/reader bug always drives me back to firefox for a few days. If I could somehow avoid this, I would be in heaven.

I'm running 5.7 on 10.5.2. OmniWeb identifies as OW to google.com. I don't have any funky configurations, I don't think.

Not something I've experienced, but I don't use the GMail web interface very much at all.

Best thing to do would be to take a sample of the OmniWeb process when this hang occurs and send them to OmniGroup using the Send Feedback... option in the OmniWeb Help menu (you'll have to re-launch OmniWeb to be able to do that of course).

To take a sample, go to your /Applications/Utilities folder and open Activity Monitor. Highlight the OmniWeb process in the list (it will have the OmniWeb icon next to it - sort by name is probably easiest way to find it and select it). Then go to the View menu and select Sample.... Wait for a few seconds for the report to be generated, save it and attach it to the Send Feedback... e-mail with some notes on what you were doing in OmniWeb at the time.

To make your life easier if you end up needing to do this again, customise your toolbar (option at the bottom of the View menu) and add the Sample button to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pergesu View Post
This has happened since I first bought OmniWeb, and I had hoped it'd be fixed in the 5.7 update...no luck though.

After I use gmail for an extended period, at some point it just hangs. If I click a message subject, nothing happens. If I check one off, they don't highlight in yellow like usual. Also at the same time this happens, google reader becomes non-responsive as well. I haven't noticed this affecting other sites.

Is this a known issue, and if so is there a fix for it? A fix in the works? I absolutely LOVE OmniWeb (I'm not kidding. Earlier tonight I shouted at my roommate, "omg I love my web browser." Go ahead, ask her), but this gmail/reader bug always drives me back to firefox for a few days. If I could somehow avoid this, I would be in heaven.

I'm running 5.7 on 10.5.2. OmniWeb identifies as OW to google.com. I don't have any funky configurations, I don't think.
I'm seeing the exact same problem, so I'll send in my sample when this next happens. I keep lots of windows hanging around and within a day or so, using Gmail fails and I have to quit and restart OW.