The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCal (Mail Acct) Calendars Not Seen, Other iCal Bugs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmet View Post
I just managed to recreate the problem with missing titles as well. Still I'm seeing the zombie calendars in OF.
I'd be interested in having posters indicate whether they are using Leopard iCal (which is different from Tiger iCal - and a downgrade in my mind) or a previous version when reporting iCal problems.

I'm still using Tiger although I hope to install Leopard next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk View Post
I'd be interested in having posters indicate whether they are using Leopard iCal (which is different from Tiger iCal - and a downgrade in my mind) or a previous version when reporting iCal problems.
I am using Leopard and was running build 94156 when I reported the problem I encountered.

I have been using Tiger and have been experiencing the iCal-sync-deleting-titles-and-notes bug since build 94151, and the bug has been constant for me, and I'm now running 94382. (also sent a Send Feedback bug report the moment I noticed this). This doesn't seem to me to be a Tiger vs. Leopard issue (though I guess it might be), it's just happening at the same time that a lot of us are updating. This change started for me when Omnifocus' iCal syncing features were upgraded.

I just tried rebuilding my database, and that did not solve the problem.

Eep! Any other suggestions? Not being able to sync back from iCal obviously puts a big ol' kink in the works.

Last edited by keenannick; 2007-11-10 at 03:27 PM..

Just fixed mine, with similar problems. Wouldn't sync with iphone and OF. This made me suspect a iCal problem. I reset iSync, then followed the directions for reconstituting the Calendar folder in ~library/calendars (they say drag it to the desktop). Everything magically started working again. Don't forget to back up!

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306537

BTW, to the person who wonders why to use the talkbar of iCal: that's for setting the GTD-discouraged alarms that I still need. Alarms can be set from tasks, or from events., and probably some way to even do it from mail.

BTW, all this in Leopard.

Good luck. When OF, Mail, iCal and the iPhone all work together, it's heaven!!!

No luck with this tack... though you seem to be dealing with a similar problem after upgrading iCal, and my iCal has (I think) stayed the same.

So far I have tried:

1. Rebuilding OF Database
2. Reopening OF Database after backing up
3. Resetting iSync
4. Rebuilding iCal Database from Backup

and nothing seems to change the problem.

On the bright side, although it's erasing the data coming from iCal, it is still linking the matching to dos in iCal and OF. The iCal task (now named "@context: (null)") still has the tracking URL ('omnifocus:///task/nZ-5bFIs5fq', for example), which does link itself back to the OF task.

Any new tasks or task updates from OF sync normally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsilverman View Post
...then followed the directions for reconstituting the Calendar folder in ~library/calendars (they say drag it to the desktop). Everything magically started working again. ...

Not quite for me. After deleting ~/Library/Calendars the reinstated iCal calendars are the Old set before I made changes. The Old set is what OF was seeing; I just wasn't seeing them in the iCal app. I'm using Leopard and the new lousy, awkward, carpal-tunnel-traumatizing iCal. Tried all again, with an iSync history reset, and OF still does not see any iCal calendars (not the Old set, none at all). iCal is not looking too good here, but OF was initially able to see the iCal calendar list but not now.

If you made an upgrade from Tiger you can also try to delete your Birthdays calendar (the one that adds birthdays from Address Book), quit iCal, launch it and add the Birthdays again via iCal preferences.

That worked! Thanks.
BTW, where did you learn about this? What's the problem.

Sorry this kind of turned into a thread with two bugs in it.

The bug I was experiencing seems to be fixed in build 94470
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=5512

Huzzah!