The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.8 for Mac is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
blueruin—*Clipping stopped working with the OmniFocus 1.8 update? Or did you recently update your OS? To be honest, we haven't had reports of shortcuts ceasing to work with regular OmniFocus updates. Let us know what happened, though, here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
blueruin—*Clipping stopped working with the OmniFocus 1.8 update? Or did you recently update your OS? To be honest, we haven't had reports of shortcuts ceasing to work with regular OmniFocus updates. Let us know what happened, though, here.
OF was working just fine. Upgraded to 1.8. Clipping no longer works in Mail or Safari. I upgraded to the latest version of OS X several weeks ago.

when I open omni, it pulls opens a really old file...

just upgraded to 1.8 and I think that's what caused the problem,
but maybe I had it before and didn't notice it.
trying to isolate it now...

please tell me, when I have a file open, can i find out which filename it is?

is it important to store manual backups in the same folder that it stores automated backups. I have confirmed they are the same.

when I open omnifocus, which file does it open? the newest one in the automated backups folder? it's not doing so for me.

I have moved all old backups to a folder called oldomnibackups, and placed only the version of the file I want in the automated backups folder.

I open omni, and somehow it pulls up a really old file, which would now be located in oldomnibackups. I don't know where it gets the file from.

if i open omni, by clicking the file i want, it opens the correct file.
the problem is when I open omni by using the omni icon.

then when i close it, it autosaves a newer version of the really old file.
so my correct new one is getting buried by the incorrect new ones with new time stamps.

help!

Last edited by myfre; 2010-09-17 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: more clarity

When you launch OF it opens the file in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus. It has since version 1.0 in 2007. Backup files are only opened if you open the backup file directly.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfre View Post
if i open omni, by clicking the file i want, it opens the correct file.
the problem is when I open omni by using the omni icon.

then when i close it, it autosaves a newer version of the really old file.
so my correct new one is getting buried by the incorrect new ones with new time stamps.
Go ahead and launch OmniFocus with its really old data (your library database), then open the file menu and use "Revert to Database Backup" to replace it with the backup database that you'd like to use going forward.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We plan to expose this in Clippings Preferences in an upcoming update, but it's not there yet; for now, you have to set it by pasting this command into a Terminal window:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus ClippingsIgnoreAttachments -bool true
Once you've done that, restart OmniFocus and you should start seeing the new behavior.

Hope this helps!

Ken– What I really need is the ability to include or exclude email attachments via different key commands- or right clicking- or something relatively accessable. I'm constantly kicking emails into OF.

1) sometimes the attachments are important and I want them in OF so they sync to my other OF installs in other places.

2) MOST of the time, however, I want to kick the email in without the stupid embedded graphics and whatnot so they don't bloat my OF database.

Any suggestions?

Sorry we missed this earlier, John. It's often easier to get your message noticed if you start a new thread. This one had been hibernating since 2010.

I can't think of a way to accomplish this currently. But I'll file a feature request for this enhancement.

Thanks for submitting the feature request.

Any word on it's inclusion in a future version?

It's under consideration for inclusion in future versions, but no firm decision's been made and there's no ETA.

P.S. - no big deal, but please don't do "bump" posts in the future.