The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OW won't load a page Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It doesn't work neither at work neither at home with 2 different computers and ISP.

at Work I use iMac Intel + Mac OS 10.4.7 + Omniweb 5.5.1 + Orange ISP
at Home I use iMac G5 + 10.4.8 + Omniweb 5.5 + NetPratique ISP

and i get exactly the same result.

With Safari or Camino, no problem.

No problems for me either. Possible reasons why it isn't working for you:

1) Your user language setting. Mine is British English and I assume Terry's is English (correct me if I am wrong). Could there be a bug in the internationalisation effort for whichever language you use, or are you on an English language setting too?

2) Your ad blocking preferences are blocking this site. Try disabling your ad blocking prefs for that domain and see if will then load.

3) Text encoding settings - IIRC, during the private beta phase, someone came across an issue where sites wouldn't load because their "non-standard" text encoding preference triggered a bug. However, I'm hazy on that, so it might not be true!

Just another hint what might be the cause of the problem: Most ISPs use transparent proxies, that is, you're always using a proxy but don't see it—all of the ISP's http network traffic will go through the proxy, so if any of the ISP's users will ask for the same page shortly after you did, the ISP won't have to pay for extra traffic as they can give him the page from their proxy.

So, if the server you you're trying to connect to is rather unresponsive, you might stop OW from loading and open FF or Camino or whatever. In the meantime, the page you looked for has been loaded by the ISP's proxy and will now show in the browser instantaneously. If that's the case, from that point on, OW should show the page as fast, though.

maybe, what you say is possible, but for me I don't think it was the case since if i retried to load the page in OW just after having loaded it in FF or Camino, it still didn't work, and if I tried to load it first in FF or Camino it was loaded instantaneously despite of OW.

Ok, here's another shoot into the dark: ;-)

I had a similar problem with my Google start page. The Omni Support Guys found out that the problem was that one of the Google cookies wasn't set to Accepted, but to Temporary. (Excellent work again—they're near perfect. :-) ) I changed it to Accepted, and now everything works as expected. Could it be that you have other cookie settings in FF/Camino than in OW?

If not, you could send in a bug with the Feedback item in the help menu. Thus, you can be shure that they will look into it and look for a solution. (Even if you haven't paid for OW yet.)