The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is mobileme faster than Beta server? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like the Omnifocus Beta server a lot, especially as I am not a mobileme subscriber myself. However my only complain is that they whole syncing process seems a bit slow. I have to wait about (at least on iOS devices) 20 seconds in every sync, and my database is still quite small.

So I was wandering that would syncing via mobileme server be faster?

Last edited by devastat; 2011-04-07 at 06:48 AM..

Devastat, would you mind emailing support (omnifocus@omnigroup.com)? Sync via our server should be much faster than what you're experiencing, and I'm confident that we can get whatever issue is slowing things down fixed for you.

A good first troubleshooting step might be to go to OmniFocus Preferences > Sync on your Mac and click the button to "Show Clients". Duplicate client listings can prevent OmniFocus from compacting its database, making sync slower even when the overall db size is still best measured in KB. If you have duplicates but aren't sure which ones to delete, just send support a screenshot and we can get you sorted out.

Thank you dave_m, I will contact the Omnigroup support about this. Strange thing is that I am testing today for the first time the Spootnik server, and it seems to be much faster even I haven't changed any settings (apart from sync server).

Edit: I don't know if the slowness of Omnisync Beta server could be related to my location as I am connecting from Finland?

Just for anyone who runs across the thread later: we worked with devastat and it looks like there were a couple of duplicate client files on the server which were preventing his database from compacting.

Once that worked itself out, his sync times were cut in half.

Thanks for your help Brian.