The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What is included in an "On hold" project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I am a bit confused by what I'm seeing as "On hold" tasks. I have defined a perspective called Waiting which uses the following settings:

Context filter: On Hold
Grouping: Project
Sorting: Due
Availability filter: Remaining
Status filter: Any status

Now the part that confuses me is that beside the projects that are actually "On hold", I also see the "No Context" and there a bunch of tasks that are **not** on hold (at least it's not clear why those would be considered as being on hold).

Could anyone please shed some light on what am I seeing and the rationale behind?

tia,

A://

Contexts themselves can be put on hold.
If you don't plan to be in Patagonia for a couple of weeks, you can put your 'Patagonia' context on hold.

That's what
Context Sidebar Filter:On Hold
is about in the perspective editor,
and it's quite separate from:
Project Sidebar Filter:On Hold
which filters for projects that have been put on hold.

Rob, that makes sense. But how can "No context" be "On hold"?

A://

The No Context subtree isn't subject to the "on-hold" filter, which only affects the Contexts subtree.

If you only want to see tasks of contexts which have been put on hold, you can select the top-level Contexts folder in the Context Mode sidebar.