The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export data for Numbers (iWork) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to export data from OmniOutliner (3.6.2) into "Numbers" (Apple's "iWork" software)?
I would like to create bar/pie charts from survey data I've put in OmniOutliner, but would hate to retype everything in "Numbers".

I just tried a copy and paste from OmniOutliner to Numbers and it appears to work fine, though you do get the arrows and checkboxes as the first two columns.

You can modify what's copied, either by turning them off visually in OO, or modifying the export options in prefs. I believe you can also import CSV or TSV files in Numbers so you could export to either of those formats (CSV is available as plugins for OO3pro)