The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Personal vs Computer license Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I just purchased two OmniPlan licenses - one for our (family) iMac and one for my (work) MacBook Pro. What is the difference between Personal and Computer license?

I chose personal for each. From time to time, I will wipe out my hard drives and do a complete reinstall. Is there a deactivation process or is it such that I can only be using up to my two licenses at any time from any two machines?

Thank you,
Jim

oops - I meant to post this in the OmniFocus forum...I'm just now getting an OmniPlan license for work too and had that on the brain. I'm guessing that the licensing works the same for both...

There's no activation process to worry about; you just need to keep a copy of your license information and install it on your computer(s).

For a description of how personal vs. computer (vs. network) licenses work, see this thread and also the "How our electronic licenses work" link visible at the Omni storefront.