The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I want to forget certain items! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It's great having autofill, but it doesn't seem to work like Safari. I get a whole load of choices for M when all I want to add is my name! Then it keeps remembering my Credit Card number - in plain text - which I'd rater it didn't!

Please someone, point me in the right direction!

That's in the AutoFill preference. You can go in there and root out whatever you want OmniWeb to forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacStansbury
That's in the AutoFill preference. You can go in there and root out whatever you want OmniWeb to forget.
AFAICT, it only lets you remove existing entries, not keep specific entries from being remembered and autofilling.

You're right. That's what I meant when I wrote the rooting out thing. You can only take out stuff that's in there, not prevent select things from getting in there. You can, however, just turn AutoFill off when you're doing something text–sensitive, like banking or filling out your MySpace profile.

Not that I have any experience with a MySpace profile. Never been near the thing. Evil MySpace.

Okay, fine, I love MySpace, is that wrong?