The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Other Omni Software > OmniPresence
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Syncing only changes in files? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

First off, I really appreciate the work you've put into polishing this product. I was able to get it function on my own hosting seamlessly via your automated setup process.

I am hosting on my own server because I would like to keep some files in sync that are not strictly from Omni products (Photoshop files, Illustrator files, excel spreadsheets, etc.). The one concern I have with testing a 15mb Illustrator file it that when a single change is made such as moving an asset on the artboard and resaving, the entire document 15mb is synced, rather than just the changes.

I realize that this may not be an issue give the relatively small size of files generated by Omni products, but did want to check in and see if there were plans to built out the syncing so that only what has been changed is synced across devices. Any insight into this would be great since it would be what I consider a limiting factor to me using it for my work (which I do understand is outside the stated mission of this product).

Completely understand if it's not in the cards, but just wanted to know for certain.

Thanks!