The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bug Report: multilple OF windows in v52.0.95390 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've also emailed this as feedback from within OF.

Having just updated, I get what seems to be a bug: Now, when I launch the app, it opens to one of my two saved perspectives, e.g. "Perspective: All Active projects - available actions." I also get another window, titled Omnifocus.ofocus.

I can see in the dock that the Omnifocus icon has a red "1." I click and hold the icon, and from the popup menu I see that in addition to the perspective window, there are two additional windows (one of them hidden unless I select it) for Omnifocus: "Inbox" and "No context".

That means I can get a total of 3 windows open, should I choose ... completely confusing me as to what's what.

?!

These aren't windows; these are links to specific locations -- the Inbox link will take you to your Inbox, for example. It might be useful to not list 'No Context' if there are no actions in that group, though, since you never have a reason to go there otherwise.

Just figured that out too. But I'm not sure why for a while two windows were launching when I opened OF? At any rate it's not happening now, so I guess it's OK.

Also figured out the little red "1" in the dock icon is meant to be informative - "overdue item." And other little numbers in the icon w/different shades of color have similar time-related meanings. The manual, once it is written, will be a big help with this sort of thing ...

As to multiple windows, if you quit OF with multiple windows open, you'll open with multiple windows.

It's possible you don't realize you have multiple windows opening because they open with many actions, such as double-clicking on a project, choosing an item from the menubar icon, etc.