The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Send Backward Bring Forward Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Forgive me if this has been asked or addressed in the past. Obviously there is a stacking order in Omnigraffle. Why is there only absolute "Send to Back" and "Bring to Front"? Why can you not send backward one step or bring forward?

I hope the answer is not just "use layers", which is the equivalent of "You're holding in wrong"

Thanks
Doug Smith

If you hold down the Option/⌥ key, the buttons change to Forward and Backward.

On the keyboard, use ⌥-⌘-F to move the selected object forward and ⌥-⌘-B to move it backward.

Is that what you're looking for?

JDW

Last edited by jonwhite; 2010-08-13 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Added keyboard shortcuts

OMG. Thank you.

That is pretty undiscoverable. I would make that part of the align inspector or list the send backward, move forward entries in the Arrange menu.

Wow. You just saved me from Fitts Law and carpal tunnel syndrome

Hi Doug,

Just wanted to add that the user manual for OmniGraffle is well written and comprehensive. It's available on their website:

http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...e-5-Manual.pdf

Jon

Shouldn't need to refer to user manual for such a basic, core function, but thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwhite View Post
Hi Doug,

Just wanted to add that the user manual for OmniGraffle is well written and comprehensive. It's available on their website:

http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...e-5-Manual.pdf

Jon