The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature/UI Requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thank you, Forrester. For reasons I don't understand, when I try the procedure using Sneaky Peek 16, the problem persists. Furthermore, when I drag the active tab's URL from the OW address bar, I can place it in the tab drawer only within the range of the displayed tabs. If I try to drag the link to the tab drawer above the highest displayed tab or below the lowest displayed tab, I fail. There is no automatic scrolling.

Forrester, you were correct. I believe the problem was that on my system, which includes an Apple Cinema HD 30" super-high-res monitor, the hotspot for activating the scrolling has an exceedingly small area.

When you first asked, I tried it and found the dragging spot to be very small. But it's there. I agree that it should be bigger, but I'm not sure how much control the Omni folks have over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what advantage a split pane view would have over a drawer in the OmniOutliner thread.
Easy, open your browser to be near full-screen then open the drawer. It resizes your window which is annoying. A split pain does not. For those of us who want our window to remain the same size, a split pane is better

Conversely, open and close a pane (no matter where or what size your window is) and the window content resizes every single time which is far more annoying - this is no advantage to the split pane at all as it happens anywhere and everywhere, fullscreen window or not. With a drawer this only ever happens in the one extreme case that you describe (when your window is near full/full screen and it has to resize the window to fit the drawer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
* Inactive windows have stripes.
Hmm...I'm using SP17, and all my windows (active and inactive) have stripes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbklein
Hmm...I'm using SP17, and all my windows (active and inactive) have stripes.
He's talking about the pinstripes that appear in inactive windows, not the construction stripes that are on by default with the sneaky peeks.

When can we expect to see Unified toolbar for OmniGraffle (Pro)? I think it's more than a year since OS X Tiger introduced it, and still OGP hasn't got one...

I'll +1 a combined stop/reload buton and the ability to customize the toolbar--change spacing between icons, etc.