The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PDFs don't load: grey screen and acrobat icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
PDFs aren't loading on 5.7 at all... all I see is a grey screen with the acrobat icon in the center. Is anyone experiencing this?

No, but I don't use Adobe Reader. ;)

Try removing the Adobe reader internet plug-in and reinstalling it (from Reader) to see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by migueld View Post
PDFs aren't loading on 5.7 at all... all I see is a grey screen with the acrobat icon in the center. Is anyone experiencing this?
Acrobat Reader versions prior to 8 don't work with any browser other than Safari. Be sure you have v8 installed

Ahhh I see. Thank you guys.

I'm having the same problem. I have Reader 8.1.2 installed. I just upgraded to Leopard (10.5.2). In OmniWeb 5.6 I see the Acrobat icon surrounded by grey. In OmniWeb 5.7 (newest beta) I just get crashes.

Actually all I really want to do is to download the PDFs, I don't need to see them in my browser. Is there any way to accomplish this? I link to PDFs so often that if I can't solve this I'll have to switch to another browser (Camino, Firebox, Safari all work fine in this regards).

Thanks for any help someone can provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellm View Post
I'm having the same problem. I have Reader 8.1.2 installed. I just upgraded to Leopard (10.5.2). In OmniWeb 5.6 I see the Acrobat icon surrounded by grey. In OmniWeb 5.7 (newest beta) I just get crashes.

Actually all I really want to do is to download the PDFs, I don't need to see them in my browser. Is there any way to accomplish this? I link to PDFs so often that if I can't solve this I'll have to switch to another browser (Camino, Firebox, Safari all work fine in this regards).

Thanks for any help someone can provide.
You might try unchecking "open PDFs in the browser" under the Display section of the 5.7 beta's Preferences window.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I found the culprit: it seems to be one of the plugins that Acrobat installs. I got rid of that plugin and the problems have gone away!

Good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellm View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. But I found the culprit: it seems to be one of the plugins that Acrobat installs. I got rid of that plugin and the problems have gone away!

Can you remember which plug-in it was? I am having a similar problem.

Thanks.

BT

I attached the setting window, make sure you disable it even if you use Safari. Adobe Reader (8.1.2) is still strange on Leopard even Adobe claims it is Leopard compatible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reader.jpg
Views:	1149
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	505