The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Send Safari URL to OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This new script creates an action in the OmniFocus inbox reminding you to read the page that is displayed in the front window of Safari. The note of the action contains the page's URL.

You can download the script from my downloads page.

Curt -- your Send to Mail script was exactly what I was needing! Thanks!

Curt!

Thanks so much for your scripts. I've been going back and forth between OF and iGTD and your scripts have made the decision to go with OF.

Is there a way to turn the URL to OF script into a bookmark? I know that BareBones did this with their script that sends a URL to YoJimbo. It would be handy to have the script in my bookmarks bar as opposed to the script menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight777
Curt!

Thanks so much for your scripts. I've been going back and forth between OF and iGTD and your scripts have made the decision to go with OF.

Is there a way to turn the URL to OF script into a bookmark? I know that BareBones did this with their script that sends a URL to YoJimbo. It would be handy to have the script in my bookmarks bar as opposed to the script menu.
Glad you like the scripts!

I suspect a little Javascript could be used to run the script from a bookmark. I'll look into it, but it likely won't happen for a while. I'm leaving for a business trip Friday and will be busy through Aug. 6, then scrambling to recover from being gone that long.

Curt

Hi Curt,

No worries at all! I'll do a little sleuthing myself... maybe I can beat you to it.

Hey Curt,

Does your script work for Firefox too? I very rarely use Safari.

While I'm not versed in Applescript, I'm guessing that if your script doesn't work with Firefox, it could be adapted to do so. But I know many people that favor Firefox over Safari on their Macs so I thought I'd check whether you've been asked about this already.

As an aside, the ability to create Inbox items from various applications has become fairly important for me. I just got my sneakypeek and I'm looking forward to trying OmniFocus, but I've been using iGTD for some time now and every day, I use F5 many times to create linked tasks from:

- Mail
- Firefox
- Files and folders on the HD (iGTD supports F5 in Finder)
- Lotus Notes (copy/paste from a lotusscript that constructs the document's notes:// URL)

I'm hoping to discover that I can have all of these capabilities in OF as well.

Another capability I really like about iGTD, and am hoping is also within reach with OF, is the ability to use email as a collector. You can send yourself an email (i.e. from a blackberry) and it's automatically put into your iGTD Inbox (and deleted from your Mail inbox).

It's described here:

http://bargiel.home.pl/iGTD/help/usi...ule/index.html

The script does not work for Firefox. I don't use Firefox except for the rare site that doesn't work in Safari, so I don't know anything about its Applescript-ability. If Firefox is Applescript-able, then the script is dead simple.

Scripts for Finder are posted elsewhere on this forum. I already provide scripts for Mail. You can use Mail rules to automatically send particular emails to OF.

Curt

Not to hijack this thread, but I have a posted a couple grab url Firefox scripts on my scripts download page:

http://www.sandro.org/omnifocus/

Thanks Curt and spnyc! It sounds like the "glue" I'll need is well at hand.