The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Linking to Perspectives in Task Notes? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I couldn't find an answer to this on the forum nor in the help... Is there any way to have link to a perspective in OF within an OF task's note?
For example, I have a Daily Review project which requires me to check my Tickler perspective on OF -I have the latter set to open in a new window, so it'd be very useful if I could just have a link to it from my Daily Review task, click it, deal with the Tickler perspective and just close the window to return to my daily review.

Thanks!

Perspectives are stored as files in ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives. You can drag a perspective file into the note field of an OF task. A double-click will open the perspective.

Curt

Thanks Curt that's awesome!

I'm trying to do this and I don't see that folder anywhere. Has it changed? I looked in users and the system library. Are they hidden?

Perspectives are no longer stored as separate files, but rather as entries in the database. To make a link to a perspective named "foo bar", the link will be of the form

omnifocus:///perspective/foo%20bar

(%20 replaces a space in a URL, and yes, 3 is the correct number of forward slashes after the colon)

perfect, thx!