The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clipping into OmniFocus from Outlook 2011 [See post #34] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
That sounds doable but you would need to also script outlook. So first get the reference to the open outlook message then perform the same steps as my script and finally hitting the send button programmatically.
The only thing I don't know without checking the docs is whether you need (and which one) a different call into outlook to get the currently open message.

Great help, Rainer!
Works beautifully for me and helps to create better flow. Thanks a lot.
Just donated on your Blog.
Have a great weekend - Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by codog24 View Post
I'm looking for a way to modify Rainer's excellent script to create a "waiting for" action when I send an email to someone and want to set an action for me to follow up on the message. Here's what I want to do:

1. Create a new message in Outlook 2011 (or open an existing message that I want to forward)
2. Send the message while simultaneously creating a new OF action (using the Quick Entry window), with a link back to the sent message and the body of the sent message in the notes field of the action, with the context set to "Waiting for...", the subject field set to the same as the subject of the message and the other fields blank for me to fill in with a due date, etc.

The goal would be to use a keyboard shortcut to engage this script in lieu of the standard "command-return" Outlook keyboard shortcut I would use to send the message under normal circumstances in situations where I want to automatically give myself a reminder to follow up on the message I'm sending. Presently the only way to (sort of) do this is to send the message, then go into my sent items folder manually, highlight the message I just sent, and engage Rainer's script to create an OF action that i then have to manually set to the "Waiting for..." context. Much less efficient.

Anyone have any idea how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Adam
Hi Adam - any luck with getting this done? I am looking for the same feature as well.

Thanks.

posted a new version which fixes a problem with mails that don't have a sender name.

http://rainer.4950.net/wordpress/blo...ifocus-take-6/

Thanks very much, Rainer!

Great script. has helped my productivity

For anyone still interested in Outlook and Omnifocus here is a version which works for OmniFocus 2.
http://rainer.4950.net/2014/05/04/ou...ocus2-take-10/