The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug (5.5b1): Google Maps - temporary text not removed from field Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This bug continues from sp17. When loading Google Maps, the temporary text in the search field does not disappear when I put the cursor in the box. If I delete the text (or even if I don't), the text I type remains gray instead of being black.

I'm not getting any temporary text in the search field. How does one reproduce this?

Well, now that Google Maps supports OmniWeb again (perhaps through the Like Safari thing), I set Google's site prefs back to OmniWeb (instead of Firefox). Now, when I go to maps.google.com, the search box takes my cursor by default. However, when I click Find Businesses, I get the cursor next to the gray text "What e.g., "pizza"" in the box.

Looks like this is another problem with the version of WebKit -- a recent nightly works fine though, so the problem is fixed and we'll incorporate this when we update WebKit again.