The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Shadow from text inside shape Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have one document with a bunch of those "cloud"-like stencils on it. The clouds have a shadow and some text inside; the shadow is only coming off the stroke line of the cloud shape itself. However, another document has the same thing except that the shadows are also coming from the *text* inside the cloud, which I don't want. I am looking at the inspector but I can't see any difference between the two. How do I get rid of the shadow from the inside text but keep a shadow from the border line?

thanks,

Mike

Select the text, then open the Styles control that appears just above the top of the canvas. You can control shadowing of the text there independently of the shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Select the text, then open the Styles control that appears just above the top of the canvas. You can control shadowing of the text there independently of the shape.
hmmm. Currently the Style dropdown isn't showing shadowed, and when I select it, I see yet more shadow appear from the text. So I guess the shadow I see is a different one. I'm attaching a sample file here; any idea how I make the left shape be like the right one (without the weird shadows below the "weird" text)?

thanks,

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip question.graffle.zip (47.7 KB, 877 views)

The difference comes the fact that the Weird shape (the one with the text shadowed) in your example file has no fill while the Normal shape has a white fill.

If you want unshadowed text in a shadowed, unfilled shape, create the text in a separate text box and then put that over the shape and group the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gersh View Post
The difference comes the fact that the Weird shape (the one with the text shadowed) in your example file has no fill while the Normal shape has a white fill.

If you want unshadowed text in a shadowed, unfilled shape, create the text in a separate text box and then put that over the shape and group the two.
ah, that did it - I turned on Fill and shadow and now it looks right. Thanks!

Mike