The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

new column settings broke my perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastiger View Post
And when I attempt to resize the columns
My window resizes!

I've never seen that before.....

Btw, I hate that the start/due date columns have gone. Can I still download an old build that has them? The last 3 builds are broken.

Victor.

there seems to be several different issues represented on this thread and I'm not sure if this belongs or not, but given that it’s on topic I'll add it here.

With the new build, the relationship between column widths and perspectives is hosed. Maybe there’s a setting I'm missing somewhere, but what I'm seeing is when I switch to a perspective, the project field is not wide enough so the project name wraps and I get double line spacing. I manually re-size and all is well until I switch to a different perspective and then switch back. Then it’s right back where it was. My re-sizing is not sticking. This sounds minor but it’s so visually distracting it’s almost making the app unusable for me. Going to look for a prior build to use until this is remedied.

Last edited by rmathes; 2007-12-07 at 12:51 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathes View Post
I manually re-size and all is well until I switch to a different perspective and then switch back. Then it’s right back where it was. My re-sizing is not sticking. This sounds minor but it’s so visually distracting it’s almost making the app unusable for me.
I wonder if clicking the "camera" button in the Perspectives window once you've set it to your liking would solve your problem.

that was the first thing I tried (well, after resizing and switching back).

Yeah, I tried resizing the column and then re-snapshotting the perspective.

No go. Still defaults to the ‘too short’ column width.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDiesel View Post
Btw, I hate that the start/due date columns have gone. Can I still download an old build that has them? The last 3 builds are broken.

Victor.
They're not totally gone, just forgotten. I'm running build 95760, and all I need to do to get them back is to go to the View menu, go down to 'Columns' which will pop out a little sub-menu listing the columns you can turn on and off. Pick the one you're missing and watch it appear.

Seems like you might have to redo this every time you update to a new build, until we get this bug squashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
They're not totally gone, just forgotten.

Seems like you might have to redo this every time you update to a new build, until we get this bug squashed.
You know there are several more things that are forgotten, right? Such as the colours of the fonts.

Victor.

Quote:
there seems to be several different issues represented on this thread and I'm not sure if this belongs or not, but given that it’s on topic I'll add it here.

With the new build, the relationship between column widths and perspectives is hosed. Maybe there’s a setting I'm missing somewhere, but what I'm seeing is when I switch to a perspective, the project field is not wide enough so the project name wraps and I get double line spacing. I manually re-size and all is well until I switch to a different perspective and then switch back. Then it’s right back where it was. My re-sizing is not sticking. This sounds minor but it’s so visually distracting it’s almost making the app unusable for me. Going to look for a prior build to use until this is remedied.
Are you saving the new perspective when you rearranged the column? Otherwise, it won't remember it. Go to perspective window, select the one you are at and then press the camera button. It has worked fine for me for the past several builds.

yep, see post #14

Quote:
yep, see post #14
Strange. It's working fine in my system. I can switch back and forth w/o losing the pre-set column width either from toolbar buttons or perspective dialog window.

Now one more thing. Did you manually select the right perspective in the perspective window before clicking the camera? I noticed that it doesn't automatically select the perspective I'm on.

OK, this is REALLY weird, but in the end positive, I guess.

Yes, I had been selecting the proper perspective in the perspectives window because it wouldn’t auto highlight the active one (a design change I'd recommend). But after re-saving the perspective, the way I was navigating between perspectives was via the keyboard shortcut and even after saving it would still default back to the original column width.

But after reading an above post where people said they were navigating off the perspectives menu and it was fine, I tried that (after once again re-saving my perspectives). That worked fine, it retained the column widths. So then I tried again using the keyboard shortcuts and those are working now, too!

Takes me back to my software QA days and the joys of unreproducible bugs.