The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[sp3] can't restart stopped download Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One of the fiels I tried to download stopped in the middle of the process (I suspect a server-side problem). The Restart button remains dimmed, I cannot ask OW to restart the download to get the chunks I'm missing :(

Hmm. Neither the Reload button nor the Resume button are enabled?

Nope, Resume is dimmed.

That's not for all downloads though, just the ones that fail (like the latest build from http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/macosx/ for me).
If I download a file and stop it myself, then the button is active.
FYI, OW just says my download stopped (no more information in the Download window) but Safari says "connection reset by peer". OW used to be more informative...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dimmed.png
Views:	653
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	3  

I was able to pause a download (latest XCode) after ~145 MB and resume. Meanwhile, I was adding a self-signed certificate to my keychain and wanted to relaunch OmniWeb so it would take effect. D'oh! I forgot I had a download in progress, and when I quit OmniWeb instead of asking whether I wanted to interrupt my download it just quit. Oopsie.

Interestingly, the Downloads window showed the ~400MB I had downloaded before quitting, but when I hit Resume it started from the ~145MB point I'd previously reached. Aaargh! Even on the office T1, that ain't particularly pleasant.

Expected behavior, IMO:
Quitting OmniWeb with a download in progress should throw a dialog asking if I mean to do that.
If I do mean to interrupt the download, it should save the current state of the download.
If I do interrupt the download, upon next launch of OmniWeb I should get a dialog asking if I want to resume my interrupted download.* The dialog options should be Resume, Later, or Never with Later as the default and Never clearing the item from the Downloads window and deleting the partially-downloaded file.
*This should ONLY happen for downloads interrupted by an application quit, not for downloads that were manually stopped.

And, to add injury to annoyance, I finally got around to attempting to install the downloaded Xcode... and the .dmg file is corrupt. D'OH!