The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Export pdf actual size Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I export a document that is 960px wide to pdf, the pdf when viewed at actual size is quite a bit wider than 960px. Is there anyway to keep the document's actual width when exporting to pdf?

I am having the same problem. Any canvas larger than 8.5 x 11 seems to export to a PDF that is much larger than the dimensions of the original Omnigraffle canvas.

I just set the canvas on a document to be 12 inches by 12 inches (864 pixels on a side), then did an export to PDF and opened the resulting file in Preview on my Snow Leopard system. Got a ruler out and measured the size of the window after selecting View->Actual Size and it turned out to be slightly undersized at 11 13/16" across. That is much larger than the window shown in OmniGraffle, and I suspect that might be the source of the confusion. Bring up the ruler in OmniGraffle and get out a ruler of your own for comparison. On my machine (27" iMac) 12" on the OG ruler only takes up 7 7/8" on my ruler, which is what one might expect on a display that is about 109 ppi instead of the nominal 72.