The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Don't want Return to create projects in Inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I hit View > Inbox (or Opt-Cmd-1), I think focus should automatically switch to the main pane. As it is now, if my focus is in the tree pane, when I go to the inbox and hit Return expecting to create a new action (which is always what I would want to be doing in that scenario), a new project is created instead.

[sent via feedback]

Yes, this is a bug (scheduled for 1.0 right now). <bug://bugs/43094> (Selecting the inbox in the sidebar and pressing return creates a new project, not an inbox item)

Switching the focus to the content outline seems reasonable, though it will be a little less necessary once this bug is fixed. I'll write it up -- one problem is what we would select in the content outline if we made it the focus. You might be going to the inbox to add a new item (in which case selecting the last item would make sense) or to process it (in which case the first item).

I'd say the thing that makes sense to me is that you are "adding" an item, so it should go at the bottom. FIFO, not LIFO.

-P