The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Enhancing OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First and foremost - thank you for a fantastic product. GTD is a fine methodology but made a practical reality through your product.

I have two enhancements, which I believe will improve the product. Selfishly, at the very least, they would improve my use of the product.

Firstly, syncing of the iPhone. As noticed on other threads, the iPhone OF app does not complete syncing with MobileMe, for example, while in the background. The current option is to have the application running and in the foreground until the sync completes. Being able to switch to other applications or have the application sync in the background at regular intervals would be advantageous.

Second, the introduction of a calendar view showing the number of tasks scheduled to start on a certain day. After using OF for approximately 3 months and running a separate Applescript to report on the statistics e.g. number of tasks completed each day, I notice an average that I can get done comfortably (dependant on the type etc). If presented with a calendar view of the number of tasks allocated for a day, it would be easier to see, at a glance, on which days you are overcommitted.

I hope these help making a great product even greater.

The forums are for community interaction/discussion. Feature requests posted here won't necessarily be seen by the OmniGroup. Use Help → Send Feedback in the Mac app to submit feature requests, or Settings → Send Feedback in the iPhone app.

Curt

Thank you - have done so.