The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Printing timeline gantt chart problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to print the timeline only so that each week I can stick it on the wall so everyone can see their tasks, and others, for the week ahead. It's not an extensive project but I don't want to have to cut into shape and tape together 6 pages; 3 high and 2 across every Monday.

I have changed the page set up to landscape and fiddled with the %. I have fiddled extensively with the print dialogue drop down box, but can't expand my selection of one or two weeks to fit across the page on 1 or 2 pages. It squishes over to the left like it's embarrassed (fiddled with margins), or drops to a font so small it's hiding, or won't let the dimensions stick. "no you can't have 1 page wide and 3 down" I hear it imply.

There has been traffic before in the forums but it looks old and unresolved, or I missed the post with the eureka answer, if so sorry. Any help greatly appreciated.

I have kept fiddling and as in all black magic and voodoo, it appears to have fixed itself. I'm getting much better print results.

Also, IMHO, as a new user to this app I thrashed away with Conceptdraw Project for several months, paid good money, only to trial omin plan and quickly falling head over heels for it, an excellent application - especially in comparison! Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment! Glad to hear you're getting better print results now!

I wish you knew what you did to fix this, I keep getting the squished to the top left corner or 12 pages x 15 pages.
This is sooo frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcparadis View Post
I wish you knew what you did to fix this, I keep getting the squished to the top left corner or 12 pages x 15 pages.
This is sooo frustrating.
One thing to check is that the start date of your project in the "Project : Information" inspector is the same date as the start of the first task in your project. We're aware of a bug that scales the print results oddly if those dates don't match.

Otherwise, please send in your file along with the print settings you're using and we can try to troubleshoot this in more detail. You can email us at omniplan@omnigroup.com.