The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync Problem when offline Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am adding tasks in OF on my iPhone 4 but at that time I am offline as I don't have a data plan. I keep OF in the background open.

When I come back to the office, my iPhone logs into the Wifi. However the tasks don't get synced. I have to open OF from the background and it syncs immediately and all is ok.

Is this normal? I was hoping that OF will sync automatically as soon as it is "online" as I keep OF open in the background?

Thanks for any ideas

Cheers

This is normal.

iOS puts significant limitations on what most applications can do in the background. In general, OmniFocus can only do stuff (like start a sync) if you bring it to the foreground, or if some other event in the system wakes it up (a timer or a location event).

One idea we've got in our "Someday/Maybe" queue is to be able to set locations where OmniFocus should try to wake up & sync, as Instapaper does.