The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sync Photos from iPhone to Mac bad quality! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

if I make an photo with my iPhone 4 and add it to an Action,
it is in a very bad quality!

But I must read the things on the photo!
If I sync the Photo to the Mac, I can't also read something!

What can I do?
Is there a setting to change?

Greetings

My guess is that you didn't have good illumination of your subject when taking the photo. Even the lousy iPad camera can take a readable image of a full page of text if there is good lighting, and the iPhone 4 has a much better camera.

Thank you for your answer.
The photo have a good quality. On the iPhone I can read the text on my sheet of paper.
When I open Omnifocus and add the photo to an action, the Photo is in a bad quality.

I think that the app will make the photo to a bad quality.

OmniFocus for iPhone uses a compressed version of the photo, because we wanted to keep sync traffic down. As network speeds have improved since we introduced this feature, it might be time to revisit. I'll note your feedback in our bug database.

It should at least be an option to use the original photo! I thought perhaps if you attached a photo instead of snapping one you'd get the whole thing, but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case.

For what it's worth, photos attached from the Mac do not have this destructive act performed on them, so instead of attaching the photo to an action, just make an action reminding you to retrieve the full-resolution photo from the iPhone when you are at the Mac. Much less convenient than just attaching the photo, but you could collect a lot of unreadable photo attachments in the time you'll likely wait for Omni to update this. It's particularly unfortunate that if you just take the photo from within OmniFocus, the original photo is apparently not stored in the Camera Roll, giving you no opportunity to recover from this!

It is really bad to take an important picture for the to-do and then find out that the resolution is horrible.

Is this bug going to be fixed soon?

I want to second (third?) this request. I often take pictures of documents to remind me to deal with the information in them (and then not need to carry the paper with me.) The images are often unreadable once synced.