The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Restore default styles/color Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I made a mess of my styles, how can I restore them to defaults.

If I set bold to my projects, all of my actions turn bold too, I suppose this is a bug.

Have you tried selected the offending item and choosing Format -> Clear Style from the menu bar?

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Have you tried selected the offending item and choosing Format -> Clear Style from the menu bar?

-Dennis
I have, nothing, I can make a video of this

Somewhere buried in this forum is a post by Ken from a long time ago that explains how to manually delete style settings from the preferences file (warning: not for the faint of heart). I don't know if those instructions are still valid. I couldn't even find the post in my brief search. But I definitely remember seeing it at some point.

Another option might be to just replace your preferences file entirely.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
Somewhere buried in this forum is a post by Ken from a long time ago that explains how to manually delete style settings from the preferences file (warning: not for the faint of heart). I don't know if those instructions are still valid. I couldn't even find the post in my brief search. But I definitely remember seeing it at some point.
Could it be this thread (from Tim Wood, not Ken)?

Yeah, that looks like it. Thanks, Craig!

sanmarcos, if you decide to give this a try, I'd definitely make a backup of your preferences file first. It might also be a good idea to wait from some feedback from the Omni people or contact the support ninjas directly.

That post from Tim Wood that Craig found is from last November, which was before OmniFocus was even released. A lot could have changed since then.

-Dennis

Sanmarcos, I'm sorry for the inconvenience this caused. The post linked earlier in the thread would be one way to fix this. Another would be to simply remove the preferences entirely, and then set up the other preferences back the way you had them initially.

If the other two solutions don't meet your needs, do me a favor and attach your preferences file to an email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com - I'll check the focus queue in the morning; I can edit the file and send it back to you.

I fixed it following the instructions in that post. Brian, thanks for offering to help.

OmniFocus really needs a Restore Default Styles action.

Thank you all.

Improvements to the style system are coming in 1.1: this shouldn't be a problem once that gets out the door, and you'll have the ability to reset the preferences from the pref pane.

Sorry for the trouble this caused!