The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How can I view long project titles? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Now that I'm using OF at work more, I've noticed a problem with the project titles. If the title is longer than a few words, it gets cut off in the list of projects. The problem is that when you click on the project, you go to a list of actions, but the title is still cut off! How do you actually see the full title of the project?

How long is one of the project titles where you see this? I have some projects where the project title is long enough to be truncated in the list like 'longprojectname...', but when I click on the project the title wraps in the list of actions view. Also, what happens when you click on the right arrow in the above view-does the full title display in the edit project info field?

"Change algorithm for importance calculation, also think about how to deal with World GDP search" All I see in the project list is "Change algorithm for impo...". When I click on the project I see even less "Change algorithm..."

It sounds like you want to select the "Always Show Full Row Text" option under the View menu. Does that help?

Uh, Brian, look up :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It sounds like you want to select the "Always Show Full Row Text" option under the View menu. Does that help?
Isn't that just for the desktop Omnifocus? I'm having this problem on the iPhone.

Oh, go me - that's what I get for doing a "new threads" search and then opening up all the results in new tabs. I totally lost track of which forum this was in. Sorry for the confusion - no cookie for Brian!

At the moment, the only place the un-truncated name is visible in the iPhone app is on the Edit screen for the project/action.

We do have an open feature request on letting them wrap; you can add a vote for the change by sending an email to the support ninjas and letting them know you'd like to see that added.

Is there any news about this feature? The new update let me see/read the wrapped text, all at once?

i am having the same problem, but my titles are usually much longer than yours. paragraphs. that's how i use it on my mac, and i expected to be able to at least be able to read them on my iphone. as it is, in the action detail screen, the title is truncated at about 256 characters, no where near enough for me. i need that to lead to an unlimited length edit screen or something. here is my thread, i will also email the support ninjas now.

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ghlight=titles

ben

Last edited by benposch; 2011-02-18 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: mispelling