The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

weird Growl notification Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have 2 computers. Office runs 10.5, home just got up and running with 10.6.

Starting yesterday I get a very weird notification from OF when opening and trying to sync. I don't know what the notification is about (except it's annoying), nor whether it has to do with opening the program or syncing.

Here's what I see:

http://emberapp.com/mitchellm/images/of-warning-1

Any ideas? OF seems to run fine otherwise, but I'd like to dash this problem as soon as I can.

That error dialog is from Growl, not OmniFocus: Growl is confused about the notification OmniFocus is trying to post, but that's just Growl being confused because it hasn't been ported to 10.6 Snow Leopard yet.

According to the Growl web page:

Quote:
For 10.6 Snow Leopard, do not install 1.1.6. We are working on Growl 1.2 for 10.6 Snow Leopard
(Unfortunately, Growl 1.2 is not available yet.)

Hope this helps!

Ken: Thanks for the quick reply. Is there some way to "de-growl" my computer? Is it okay to do that? I turned off Growl at the preference pane level (in System Prefs) but that has no effect on the warning.

Or is this simply a case I need to live with this minor annoyance for awhile?

You should be able to remove Growl. Let me look around their site a little…

Ah ha, according to the Removing Growl page, there's an "Uninstall Growl" script on the Growl disk image. Maybe download another copy from their website, then open it and double-click on that script?

Ken: Thanks! I just followed their manual uninstall directions as those were simple enough.