The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Custom data didn't migrate to 2.0? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The custom columns I created in 1.7 show up when I open existing docs in 2.0,, but the custom data doesn't show up in the inspector. Also, when I add new custom data, it appears in the inspector, but I can't see it when I right-click and try to make it a visible column.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz
Mac OS X 10.6.8
4 GB RAM

Hi! I just took a look at custom data when imported to OmniPlan 2 from a 1.7 file. It's a good sign that the custom columns are appearing in the Outline. Out of curiosity, what are the custom columns named?

Could it be that you are looking in the Project: Custom Data inspector (instead of Task: Custom Data)? This could explain both issues you described. Also, when you create a new type of custom data on a Task, its column should automatically appear in the Outline. You might just have to scroll horizontally to see it at first. If not, does it appear in the context menu when you right click?

Joel R
Software Test Pilot
The Omni Group