The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Undesired instant clean-up Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have the option for immediate clean-up of completed items turned off in preferences; I like those things to stick around until I switch views or manually hit clean-up. However, under the following circumstances, items will disappear immediately anyway:

In context mode, with an 'active' filter on contexts, when completing the last available action in a particular context, that item will be immediately cleaned up and its context disappears from the sidebar list. It is much less obvious what is going on if the context in question happened to be nested inside a collapsed context (closed disclosure triangle), such that there is no visible indication of a change in the sidebar.

I'm slightly less bothered by this now that I at least know why some items behave differently, but I found it confusing. My ideal behavior would be that both the context and the item stick around until the next clean-up or view change.