The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

more aqua-like icons for omni apps Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i really like the style and UI of omnigroup's applications. but there is one thing i dislike about the new omni apps: the icon!
i think the new icons, like omnigraffle, omnioutliner and omniplan are not very aqua-like. their green, yellow and orange color doesn't look very well n the dock. i think these icons are a bit overloaded, too complicated.

i would like icons that use more blue and other descent colors and more transparency effects - and most important: keep it simple!
for omniweb i still use the blue globe used in some versions of ow 4. icon of OW 4.0 was ok too. also the icon of omnidictionary is a nice one.
maybe there is a chance to see more icons like that in future versions of the applications!?

so that's just my personal opinion. what do other people think ?

The newer application icons don't bother me much. However I generally do find some other version of the OW icon to replace the generic ones. I currently am using a brushed metal earth icon for my OW icon.

However, I feel the OmniDiskSweeper icon could be updated. The brush looks a tad too real (maybe it is), and probably just needs to be retouched to look a little more aqua-like.

I like the OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner icons. They look great in my Dock. Don't change 'em.