The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reviews (quick, long) Post Here Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Thought I did, but will try again.

If that works, it is still 2 taps away. I should be able to add actions to a project very quickly which is something the desktop has, the iPhone does not I am looking for in the iPad version.

BZ
Now, that's really being picky . . .

Believe me it doesn't take much time to add a new action item to a project from a project view or context view for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK View Post
Have you ever hit the wrong item accidentally in the iPhone version? Those are plenty big enough.
I have been using the iPad version for some hours now and, although the font, spacing and interface is on the large size, I have realised that I hold the iPad differently to my iPhone.

On the phone I hold it in my left hand and use my RH index finger to scroll, type and check off tasks. With the iPad, with this interface I can hold it in both hands and often check tasks as done using my thumb. The larger check boxes are then perfectly appropriate for accurately hitting with the thumb.

When reading on the iPad, a smaller font size is fine, although I am more comfortable with the automatic enlargement in landscape orientation. But when I need to go to the following page (on this forum for example), then I have to zoom in to ensure that I hit the right next page number. Too often I miss hit entirely if I leave it at the 'normal' size. And in typing this on my iPad, the larger landscape keyboard is much pleasanter to use than portrait. Omnifocus UI does not look out of place when used in conjunction with the design decisions Apple have taken for content input themselves.

Someone mentioned having to pay for MobileMe or another WebDAV service.
Swissdisk is free and works fine for OF synchronization.

Last edited by HiramvdG; 2010-07-30 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Wrong subthread

Or sign up for Omni's service, which is currently free. Works great. http://sync.omnigroup.com

Well. I am very much enjoying the new version on the iPad. I love the forecast view and I love how the day and date are headings for the due view. The only issue I am going to have to work around is to build some sort of focus perspectives since I make a distinction between personal and company projects and contexts, and the finger scrolling takes a long time to get to one or the other (especially in meetings where I prefer not to scroll past my personal stuff :-).

Great job!

-Ed

Like it. Especially reviews.

My slightly longer thoughts:

http://blog.smargiassi.us/post/88116...or-ipad-review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
Now, that's really being picky . . .

Believe me it doesn't take much time to add a new action item to a project from a project view or context view for that matter.
Not sure it is...

I am on a project, it has a task I think of a few more tasks, I want to add them quickly. Double tapping to get the pop up, gets me no where.

There is a + button the top, but it isn't under the project.

Think about how easy it is to add a task to a project on the desktop app, it shouldn't be harder than that.

That bottom bar (the wasted one that is just rounded right now) should be tap-able. You tap it, and down pops another task.

BZ

Quote:
Not sure it is...

I am on a project, it has a task I think of a few more tasks, I want to add them quickly. Double tapping to get the pop up, gets me no where.

Think about how easy it is to add a task to a project on the desktop app, it shouldn't be harder than that.

That bottom bar (the wasted one that is just rounded right now) should be tap-able. You tap it, and down pops another task.

BZ
I guess we have to agree to disagree. I found the current feature to add a new task by tap/hold and release very convenient since I'm look at the project heading anyway, and I don't have to shift my attention to anywhere else to add a new task. Besides, other commands in the pop-up list of commands (e.g., review, focus, etc.) to be very helpful.

I love the fact that it shows the beginning of a note in the first line of the action. I used to put a "@" after an action if I had a note embedded in it so that when I was using the iPhone app on my iPad I knew there was a note. Otherwise there was no indication it was there without going into the task info.

Now we need to get some kind of small icon to show that there is an audio note or picture embedded into a task and project so that you know it when looking at the basic task/project display.

Quote:
Not sure it is...

BZ
Agreed. This is cumbersome. Should be an easy fix.