The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Updating often requires relaunching the app Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I find that quite often, listings don't update unless I quit and relaunch the app. I will change the due date of a task, for instance, in the forecast view, but it won't move to its new due day until I quit and relaunch; or I'll create a new task, with context and project defined, but it stays unperturbed in the inbox until I quit and relaunch.

Of course I reported this to the OmniGroup support people, but it might help if more people did, when they run into the same problem — not because I think it will not be given enough priority (it's obviously a serious flaw), but because their descriptions of the problem the circumstances under which it occurs may help the coders in their efforts to fix this.

Last edited by HiramvdG; 2010-08-11 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: Correcting the iPad's autocorrection

There's a known bug with update. I think it's been fixed in 1.0.2, which has been submitted to Apple for approval.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
There's a known bug with update. I think it's been fixed in 1.0.2, which has been submitted to Apple for approval.
I'm still having this problem with 1.0.2. It may have started happening after syncing with the Omni Sync Server was interrupted.

I now have to edit a few actions, restart OminFocus, edit more items, restart, repeat, to make sure the available status of my actions are showing correctly.

Cheers
Pete

I'm still having this problem with 1.0.2 also. Hasn't been fixed as far as I can tell.

I'm still having this problem with 1.0.2 also. Hasn't been fixed.
But I'm shure, the Omnigroup employes will do that soon.

Fix for this is still incoming, but we shipped 1.0.2 without it. We figured folks would want the crash fixes in that release as soon as possible.

We don't have a solid repro case for this bug yet, but they have managed to observe it a couple of times and are working on a fix based on what they've seen happen.

(If anyone does come up with a way to reliably/predictably reproduce the problem, emailing the steps to trigger the bug to the support ninjas would help them test their theories/fixes.)

Last edited by Brian; 2010-08-20 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: add email link

I consistently have this bug, it is not intermittent, and I reported it as well. Anything I can do to help?

I've noticed that at least on some occasions, marking an action complete clears up the lingering display problems for other actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I've noticed that at least on some occasions, marking an action complete clears up the lingering display problems for other actions.
So you're using bug fixing as an excuse to get things done? ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
So you're using bug fixing as an excuse to get things done? ;-)
Nope. I'm using this as a justification to read and post to the forum :D

When I come across something that looks like it might take more than a minute or two to answer (because I'm on the iPad and it's a Mac issue, or I want to test the suggestion, or maybe I don't have time to finish the answer I've started), I send the URL off to OmniFocus. Then when I have a display that won't update, I can pull out one of those actions and feel good about posting instead of doing some "real work" because it will update the display! How's that for a rationalization?